NIPPON HAND WEAVES IN "KUSAKIZOME" DYES: Handbook of Japanese Weaves in Natural Plant Dyes
by Yamazaki, Akira
- very good
- Very Good
Los Angeles, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Small quarto (11 1/2 X 8 inches) Japan: Getumeikai, 1959. First Edition. Hardcover boards, very good condition. Number 180 of a limited edition of 200. Housed in an ink blue stiff folder with bone ties. (5) 59 + (6) pages printed in Japanese and English on hand made Japanese vellum, with 26 individual fabric samples (25 are tipped in, the 26th sample is the cover material for the binding), wood block print illustrating a woman in Japanese wardrobe working at a hand loom.
"Handbook of Japanese Weaves in Natural Plant Dyes". At the bottom of each page is a description of the sample, its pattern, its weave, and its dye; in addition to a small woodblock illustration of the plant from which the fabric is derived.
"In selecting the sample fabrics for this little collection, I renewed afresh my pledge, which I hope is not merely a nostalgia for lost things, but a positive creation of the 'new' through a dedicated study of the old."
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Caravan Book Store (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- NIPPON HAND WEAVES IN "KUSAKIZOME" DYES
- Yamazaki, Akira
- Hardcover boards
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Japanese Textiles
- Bookseller catalogs
- Old and Rare; Limited Edition; Collector's Edition; Asian Art; Japanese Textiles;
Terms of Sale
Caravan Book Store
About the Seller
About Caravan Book Store
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Tipped In
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...