Northern Germany as far as the Bavarian and Austrian Frontiers. Handbook for travellers.
by Baedeker, Karl
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Thirteenth revised edition. Karl Baedeker. Leipsic. Dulau and Co. London. 1900. 8vo. xxxiv, 430pp. Folding coloured map frontispiece, 33 further maps, some folding, and 65 plans. Original red cloth, slightly mottled to edges, in original brown dust wrapper, with paper label to spine. Chip to one corner and head of dustwrapper spine. Adverts to fep. Book plate (Noble) to free endpaper map. All edges marbled. Green bookmark. Some toning to free endpapers. Last map sits a little proud, and edge is creased. A crisp copy. Scarce in dust wrapper.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Northern Germany as far as the Bavarian and Austrian Frontiers. Handbook for travellers.
- Baedeker, Karl
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Karl Baedeker. Dulau and Co.
- Place of Publication
- Leipsic & London
- Date published
- Germany, Imperial Germany, Deutsches Reich
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Europe; Travel Guide Books;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]