Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Doubleday, 1968. 279pp, quarter pinkcloth /three-quarter black cloth boards. Titles on spine in gold. Tape reside from old mylar jacket affixed to board - 2 spots on front board and two on back. Binding is tight, spine is straight, and corners are strong. Tape residue on front and rear free endpapers, a faint stain along inside front hinge, and adhesive residue in a three-inch long, inch and a half wide spot on rear free endpaper. Text block is clean and unmarked throughout. Dust jacket is a brilliant pink with titles on spine in black and white. Titles in black, white and purple on front cover, with green, gray and white illustration. Black and white photo of Delany on back cover with bio. Jacket protected by brand new mylar. . First Edition. Hardcover. Very Good/Near Fine. 8vo.
Samuel R. Delany lives in Harlem, New York.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Chatham Bookseller, LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Delany, Samuel R
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- First Edition
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Samuel R. Delany, Nova, Science Fiction, Sci-fi, First Edition
Terms of Sale
The Chatham Bookseller, LLC
All sales are net. Prepayment is required. Postage in USA: items will be sent Media Mail Rate ($4) unless Priority Mail is requested ($6-$8). Postage for unusually heavy or valuable books may be more. Please contact us for international rates. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt. Credit cards accepted: VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Madison, New Jersey
Ask Seller a Question
About The Chatham Bookseller, LLC
The Chatham Bookseller (member ABAA, ABNJ) began in 1968, and, in 1970, opened a store at its present location in Madison, NJ. The store contains over 10,000 books in over 80 different subjects, and favors good used books and good literature (both hardcover and paperback) over popular books and bestsellers. Our Internet business began in 2001. Our Internet stock is kept on the premises but cannot be viewed as a whole. However, we can show and sell individual titles upon request. Those wishing to examine Internet books should call ahead. Store hours are 9-5:00 (Tues.-Sat.) and 12-5 (Sun.). The business is run by Jesse D. Mann.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]