Nummus Aereus Veterum Christianorum Commentario In Duas Partes Distributo Explicatus Prodit Nunc Primum Ex Museo Victorio Adjectis Sacris aliquibus Monimentis.
by Vettori, Francesco
- See description
New York, New York
Standard Delivery: 3 to 5 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Vettori, Francesco. Nummus Aereus Veterum Christianorum Commentario In Duas Partes Distributo Explicatus Prodit Nunc Primum Ex Museo Victorio Adjectis Sacris aliquibus Monimentis. Romae: Typis Zempelianis. MDCCXXXVII. . Colophon reads as: Excudebat Romae Apud Montem Jordanum Joannes Zempel Typographus Anno Aerae Christianae MDCCXXXVII. Mense Octobri. [ii; xvi; 114 pages; iii] Addenda and Corrigenda p. 106. Index 107-114. 8vo. 24.5 cm x 18 cm. Untrimmed copy. Original full vellum binding. First edition. Historiated initials begin each part. Engraved illustrations. Title-page engraving by N. Guttierez. Twenty-five text illustrations: images and language. This copy is signed boldly on the initial blank by Dr. Giaco[m]o (Jacopo) Soranzo (1686 – 1761), with his segno di possesso dated 1749, a Venetian senator, who published a catalogue of his library of manuscripts and printed books in 1780 prior to their sale. This is a very good copy, although the back pastedown has been raised slightly by the vellum. Speckled page block. An important text on the study of ancient numismatics.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- G.Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper, ABAA, ILAB (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Nummus Aereus Veterum Christianorum Commentario In Duas Partes Distributo Explicatus Prodit Nunc Primum Ex Museo Victorio Adjectis Sacris aliquibus Monimentis.
- Vettori, Francesco
- N. Guttierez
- Original full vellum binding.
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Typis Zempelianis
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- MDCCXXXVII. 
- Dr. Giacomo (Jacopo) Soranzo, Christian Iconography, Art History,
- Bookseller catalogs
- Classics; Italian Books; Libri Italiani; Art History; Christian Iconography; Art Reference; Latin Books; Association Copies; Numismatics; Ancient History,; Bibliophiles;
- 8vo; 24.5 cm x 18 cm
Terms of Sale
G.Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper, ABAA, ILAB
We ship to the buyer at a verified address. It is important for our customers to understand that we ship to the buyer at this verified address. All material is guaranteed as described and given a life-time guarantee of authenticity. All material is returnable within ten calendar days with advance written notification from the buyer stating the reason for the return. Returned material must be returned in exactly the same condition and secure internal wrapping in which it was shipped for a full refund to be made. Customers are expected to pay for shipping at the time of purchase according to weight, desired speed of delivery and for the insured value of the shipment. Some large, heavy books or sets of books, will require additional shipping. It is recommended that customers request shipments be sent to themselves in their own names by the most secure means to their verified addresses to assure speedy and secure insured delivery. For some customers outside the United States, special arrangements may be necessary to assure safe and secure delivery. We accept checks drawn on United States banks in dollars, as well as payments through PayPal. Sales to residents of New York State and New York City are subject to state and local taxes. All books and/or items remain the property of G. Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper until payment in full has been received. All material is subject to prior sale.
About the Seller
About G.Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper, ABAA, ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- The colophon contains information about a book's publisher, the typesetting, printer, and possibly even includes a printer's...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...[more]