Observations. Photographs by Richard Avedon. Comments by Truman Capote.
by Avedon, Richard & Capote, Truman
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Simon & Schuster. New York. 1959. Folio. 151, (1)pp. Original white paper-covered boards, original acetate dust wrapper, and original slipcase. Acetate overlay chipping/loss to upper top right and lower bottom left. Slipcase has wear to edges and some spotting.
Richard Avedon's first collection of photographs. This ground breaking book, a collaboration begun several years earlier between Avedon and Capote who contributed the narrative of Avedon's subjects, including Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplin, Pablo Picasso, John Huston, Alfred Hitchcock, The Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Arthur Miller, Coco Chanel, Mae West, Louis Armstrong, Humphrey Bogart, Ezra Pound, W. Somerset Maugham, Isak Dinesen, Judy Garland, Igor Stravinsky, Katherine Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot, Humphrey Bogart, Buster Keaton, and others.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Observations. Photographs by Richard Avedon. Comments by Truman Capote.
- Avedon, Richard & Capote, Truman
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Simon & Schuster
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Photography, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, Charlie Chaplin, Igor Stravinsky, Alfred Hitchcock, Coco Chanel
- Bookseller catalogs
- Art; Christmas gift ideas;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]