Oeuvres choisies de Madame Deshoulieres, ornees des figures gravees par les soins des citoyens Ponce et Regnault
by Deshoulieres, Madame [Antoinette du Ligier de la Garde]
- See item description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
De l'imprimerie de P. Didot L'Aine. 1795. Edition limited to 100 copies. Small Octavo. Half title, x (in smaller state), 173pp. Eng. frontis by Rouchard, 3 double engraved plates after Marillier (in two states). Fine copy in the original full crushed red levant morocco, raised bands to spine, inner gilt dentelles, silk bookmarker, teg.
A fine copy from the libraries of two notable bibliophiles.
Bookplate of Lord Stanley of Alderley. John Thomas Stanley (1766-1850), 7th Baronet and First Baron Stanley of Alderley of Alderley Park, Cheshire. He undertook learned expeditions to the cultural centres of Europe, becoming one of the first explorers of Iceland. His daughter Isabella married William Edward Parry.
Amédée Rigaud (1819-1874), circular bookplate, black and gilt with elaborate initial R, motto "bona fide sine fraude". This copy is listed in the Catalogue de Beaux Livres Rare et Curieux Composant le Bibliothèque de Feu M. Amédée Rigaud. Paris. Auguste Aubry. 1874. Amédée Rigaud began collecting fine and rare books in 1852.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Oeuvres choisies de Madame Deshoulieres, ornees des figures gravees par les soins des citoyens Ponce et Regnault
- Deshoulieres, Madame [Antoinette du Ligier de la Garde]
- Book condition
- Used - See item description
- Quantity available
- Limited edition
- De l’imprimerie de P. Didot L’Aine, l’an 111e de la Republique.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Miniature, Poetry, France, Fine Binding, Limited Edition, Bookplate, Bibliophile
- Bookseller catalogs
- Literature; Tiny Treasures; Provenance, Bookplates and Associations; Christmas gift ideas; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]