Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Arno Press, 1969. Arno Press Edition of 1969. An eight volume set all of which are in fine condition with minor dust staining to the top edges of the text blocks. Seven volumes are in dark green cloth covered boards with gilt text and decorations on the spine and with an illustrated paper label on the front boards. The eighth volume is a green cloth and green paper covered clam shell box which contains facsimiles of the maps from the expedition. The box is finished with details comparable to the other volumes. Each are small 4tos measuring 9" by 6". Volume I contains 374 pages of text; Volume II contains 386 pages; volume III contains 363 pages; volume IV contains 372 pages; volume V contains 395 pages; volume VI contains 280 pages; volume VII contains 534 pages and volume VIII contains the 16 page introduction to the atlas and index to the maps and all 71 individual maps (labeled 1 through 54) all of which are in fine condition Dust jackets were not issued with this set. This set represents a facsimile reprint of the original 1905 edition of The American Philosophical Society which based its publication on the original documents in their library. A beautiful set with no wear, rubbing or soiling. (The Literature of The Lewis and Clark Expedition, 5d.1)
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Town's End Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Original Journals of the Lewis and Clark Expedition 1804-1806
- Thwaites, Reuben Gold
- Book condition
- Arno Press Edition of 1969
- Arno Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Town's End Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2009
Deep River, Connecticut
Ask Seller a Question
About Town's End Books
We purchase and sell only collectible first editions in a number of fields all focused on Americana. We are primarily mail order sellers; however, we are open by appointment and welcome visits from customers.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]