by Gabaldon, Diana
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Claire Randall is leading a double life. She has a husband in one century, and a lover in another...In 1945, Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon--when she innocently touches a boulder in one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach--an "outlander"--in a Scotland torn by war and raiding border clans in the year of our Lord...1743.Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire's destiny in soon inextricably intertwined with Clan MacKenzie and the forbidden Castle Leoch. She is catapulted without warning into the intrigues of lairds and spies that may threaten her life ...and shatter her heart. For here, James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, shows her a passion so fierce and a love so absolute that Claire becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire...and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
I love this series! This is a great story for any reader to enjoy as it contains elements of so many different genres: historical fiction, adventure, romance, medical drama, comedy, a bit of sci-fi, mystery...This is the first book of the Outlander series that still hasn't come to an end. As a loyal fan of this series I anxiously await the next book to reach the stores!Honestly, I found the beginning of this book a little slow, but once about 20 pages into the book, I just couldn't put it down. The style of writing that Gabaldon uses allows the reader to feel as though they are the main character - Claire Beauchamp, and embarking on an incredible journey in more ways than one. I don't want to give any of the plot away, so I won't, but I will leave you with this as you decide if you'll read this wonderful book or not. My husband does not read. He hasn't read a book since high school. He considered himself a book widower when I started this series and was rather miffed by Diana Gabaldon for stealing me away form him. I finally convinced him to try it. Now he's been checking the post office every day for the past week waiting anxiously for the next one to get here!
- The Book Scouts (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Gabaldon, Diana
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Doubleday Canada
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
The Book Scouts
We guarantee the condition of every book as it\'s described on the Biblio web site. If you\'re dissatisfied with your purchase, you\'re eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you\'ve changed your mind about a book that you\'ve ordered, please contact us and we\'ll respond within 2 business days.
About the Seller
About The Book Scouts
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Indicates that the affected part of the book has been impacted in such a way so as to cause a flattening, indention, or light...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- remainder mark
- Usually an ink marking of some sort which indicates that the book was designated a remainder. In most cases, it can be found on...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.