The Outlandish Companion
by Gabaldon, Diana
- Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Standard Delivery: 5 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York Times bestselling author Diana Gabaldon has captured the hearts of millions with her critically acclaimed novels, Outlander. Dragonfly In Amber, Voyager, and Drums Of Autumn. From the moment Claire Randall accidentally steps through a magical stone that transports her back in time more than 200 years to 1743, and into the arms of Scottish soldier Jamie Fraser, readers have been enthralled with this epic saga of time travel, adventure, and love everlasting.Now Diana Gabaldon has written the ultimate companion guide to her bestselling series, the book only she could write - a beautifully illustrated compendium of all things Outlandish. As a special bonus for those who are eagerly awaiting the next appearance of Jamie and Claire, she includes never - before - published excerpts from upcoming works in the series. And there's lots more in this lavish keepsake volume for the many devoted fans who yearn to learn the stories behind the stories:- Full synopses of Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn - A complete listing of the characters in all four novels, including extensively researched family trees and genealogical notes- Professionally cast horoscopes for Jamie and Claire- A comprehensive glossary and pronunciation guide to Gaelic terms and usage- The fully explicated Gabaldon Theory of Time Travel- Frequently asked questions to the author and her (sometimes surprising) answers- An annotated bibliography- Tips, personal stories - even a recipe or two- Essays about medicine and magic in the eighteenth century, researching historical fiction, and moreWith the insight, humor, and eye for detail that has made her novels such an outstanding success story. Diana Gabaldon here gives her readers the best gift of all--The Outlandish Companion.From the Hardcover edition.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Mainly Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Outlandish Companion
- Gabaldon, Diana
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
- 1st Edition; 1st Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Delacorte Press
- Place of Publication
- New York, New York, U.s.a.
- Date published
- 0385324138, FANTASY
Terms of Sale
Please add $4.50 USPS media rate shipping in the USA. Please inquire for all other rates. All books subject to prior sale. Paypal, Check, Money Order accepted. Pennsylvania residents please add 6% sales tax. First printings are always stated in our description. Books are returnable within 10 days. Please contact us for instructions before making a return. We are professional booksellers who place the highest standards on our service, description, and the quality of our stock.
About the Seller
About Mainly Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- number line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.