OVER THE EDGE OF THE WORLD: MAGELLAN’S CIRCUMNAVIGATION OF THE GLOBE
by Laurence Bergreen
- Fine/Near Fine
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
West Vancouver, British Columbia
Standard Delivery: 7 to 10 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Ferdinand Magellan's daring 60,000-mile circumnavigation of the globe in the sixteenth century was a three-year odyssey filled with sex, violence, and adventure. Biographer and journalist Laurence Bergreen entwines a variety of candid, firsthand accounts, bringing to life this ground-breaking and majestic tale of discovery that changed both the way explorers would navigate the oceans, and world history.
"Prodigious research, sure-footed prose and vivid descriptions make for a thoroughly satisfying account... it is all here in the wondrous detail, a first-rate historical page turner."— New York Times Book Review
This is a stated first edition, published in 2003.
458 pages, including maps and photos.
Unclipped dust jacket, with just a tiny amount of shelfwear to the spine of the jacket, at the top.
The book is in pristine condition.
Ferdinand Magellan's daring circumnavigation of the globe in the sixteenth century was a three-year odyssey filled with sex, violence, and amazing adventure. Now in Over the Edge of the World, prize-winning biographer and journalist Laurence Bergreen entwines a variety of candid, firsthand accounts, bringing to life this groundbreaking and majestic tale of discovery that changed both the way explorers would henceforth navigate the oceans and history itself.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Vancouver Bookseller (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- OVER THE EDGE OF THE WORLD
- Laurence Bergreen
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- United States
- Date published
- Explorers, Exploration
- Bookseller catalogs
- Adventure; Non-Fiction; Naval History; World History;
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Vancouver Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.