Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
by Laurence Bergreen
- very good
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Ferdinand Magellan's daring circumnavigation of the globe in the sixteenth century was a three-year odyssey filled with sex, violence, and amazing adventure. Now in Over the Edge of the World, prize-winning biographer and journalist Laurence Bergreen entwines a variety of candid, firsthand accounts, bringing to life this groundbreaking and majestic tale of discovery that changed both the way explorers would henceforth navigate the oceans and history itself.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Discover Books (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
- Laurence Bergreen
- Book condition
- Used - VERY GOOD
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- William Morrow
- Place of Publication
- New York
- This edition first published
- October 14, 2003
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Discover Books
We think books should achieve their greatest possible purpose: Whether purchased by another reader, donated to help a child acquire the lifelong skill of literacy, or recycled as a new product, it has a story to tell. We let stories live on.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.