Owls Nest. A tribute to Sarah Elliott Perkins by her granddaughter
by Cunningham, Edith Perkins
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Printed at the Riverside Press. For Private Distribution. Cambridge, Mass. 1907. 8vo. [xi], 323pp. Frontis., 12 further plates, tissue guarded, 2 folding genealogical tables. Half morocco, marbles boards. Spine in six compartments, each boxed in gilt, gilt lettering and date. Marbled endpapers. Silk bookmark. Top edge gilt, other edges untrimmed. Inscribed by the author to Mrs von Mohl to ffep, dated February 1908. 1955 inscription "from Papa". Bookplate of Wanda von Mohl to front pastedown.
Wanda von Mohl (née Countess von der Groeben), (1854-1910) wife of the German Diplomat Ottmar von Mohl.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Owls Nest. A tribute to Sarah Elliott Perkins by her granddaughter
- Cunningham, Edith Perkins
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Printed at the Riverside Press
- Place of Publication
- Cambridge, Mass.
- Date Published
- Fine binding, Bookplate, Cincinnatti, Genealogy, Biography
- Bookseller catalogs
- History; Provenance, Bookplates and Associations; Pioneering Women; Americas and Caribbean; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
Regrettably, European customers may find that there may be delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos. We regret that we cannot be responsible for taxes or duties imposed in the customer's country.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that... [More]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has... [More]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the... [More]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]