Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1882 Vol One has the introduction and text, Vol Two, the notes. Brown cloth, gold lettering just a little dulled, a very little wear to spines top and tail, name to ffep Vol I, no other inscriptions or annotation, clean, tight, sound, VG.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Byre Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- P Vergili Maronis Opera, vols I and II complete
- Virgil, edited by T L Papillon
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- Clarendon Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- CLASSICS, LATIN, ROME, ROMAN, EDUCATION
Terms of Sale
Our terms of sale are as follows: Postage and packaging : is charged at cost. Refunds : will be given if book is not as described, but contact us first via email or telephone. Book Conditions: In common with other booktraders we use the following abbreviations to describe books: Fine: as new. VG: one or two signs of having been read, but no serious blemishes, generally very good condition. Good: o.k., but not very good, signs of ageing or fading or other damage (usually described). Fair: showing definite signs of wear and tear. Reading copy: It's all there and it's legible, but that's about all we guarantee. DJ : dust jacket (if it's not mentioned there isn't one) Catalogue descriptions are necessarily very brief. Please do contact us should you want further details of any book before purchase, or for advice on our stock. Only a small percentage of our stock is catalogued, so ask if you can't find the title you want - we may have it, or be able to find it for you!
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Ask Seller a Question
About Byre Books
We are based in Wigtown, the Scottish Booktown. Our shop is a converted stables, fully wheelchair accessible, and has a small peaceful garden where you are welcome to sit and relax with your books. We specialise in second-hand books on Archaeology, World Mythology and Folklore, Scottish books, Theatre, Film and TV. We also have General stock - poetry, philosophy, biography, travel, education etc - and a Children's section.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The heel of the spine.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]