Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First 10 volumes of The Pall Mall Magazine (Nos 1-44, May 1893 - Dec 1896). Individual volumes bound in maroon leather hardback boards with gilt lettering on spines. Copious illustrations throughout text and many full-page plates. Volume 1: May - Oct 1893 (Nos 1-6) xvi, 933+ pp. Back board and edge of spine water-stained. Contributors include Baden-Powell, Arthur Conan Doyle, Rudyard Kipling etc etc. 2 full-page illustrations by Aubrey Beardsley (VG+). Tight copy. Overall condition VG. Volume 2: Nov 1893 - April 1894 (Nos 7-12) xvi, 1064+ pp. Contributors include Bram Stoker, Thomas Hardy, Rudyard Kipling and 4 illustrations by Cecil Aldin. Some seperation in binding between front board and first page. Backstrip lifting from spine for about 3 inches at top on one side. Overall condition Good+. Volume 3: May - Aug 1894 (Nos 13-16) viii, 720+ pp. Contributors include Rudyard & Beatrice Kipling, Guy De Maupassant. Some seperation in binding between front board and first page. Overall condition VG. Volume 4: Sept - Dec 1894 (Nos 17-20) viii, 708+ pp. Back board water marked and some pages towards end have slight water stains. Overall condition Good+. Volume 5: Jan - April 1895 (Nos 21-24) viii, 694+ pp. Tight copy. Overall condition VG. Volume 6: May - Aug 1895 (Nos 25-28) viii, 656+ pp. Back board and part of spine water stained. Some seperation in binding between last page and endpapers. Some pages towards end water marked. Overall condition Good. Volume 7: Sept - Dec 1895 (Nos 29-32) Viii, 656+ pp. 2 illustrations by Cecil Aldin. Tight copy. Overall condition VG. Volume 8: Jan - April 1896 (Nos 33-36) viii, 656 pp. Bottom half of back board water stained. Otherwise a nice tight copy. Overall condition VG-. Volume 9: May - Aug 1896 (Nos 37-40) viii, 656 pp. 5 illustrations by E. Caldwell & article "The Kingdom of Kerry" by G.W. Forrest. Tight copy. Overall condition VG. Volume 10: Sept - Dec 1896 (Nos 41-44) viii, 612 pp. 6 illustrations of birds by Archibald Thorburn. Tight copy. Overall condition VG.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Owl Books (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Pall Mall Magazine
- Hamilton, Lord Frederick & Straight, Sir Douglas (editors):
- Book condition
- London: 1893 - 1896.
- Beardsley, Aldin, Thorburn, Bram Stoker, Rudyard Kipling
Terms of Sale
Prices are in Euros. Postage and Packing are at cost. Any item found unsatisfactory may be returned provided this is done within 7 days of receipt. We accept payment in Euros or Sterling equivalent (cheques payable to Owl Books). We also accept payment by Visa/Mastercard.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Owl Books
Owl Books is located in Kinlough, Co. Leitrim in the north-west of Ireland.We stock a wide range of topics including Natural History, Country Sports, General Literature, Travel and Topography, Religious and Modern Firsts. We welcome any enquiries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.