Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
With Numerous Designs by the Author on Copper and Wood. viii, 446 pp + 2 pp ads. Frontispiece, & 11 other b/w illustrations. A collection of sketches from Paris, many relating to Parisian art and literature. Some spots of light foxing on prelims and occasional spots in the vicinity of plates. Front hinge partially cracked. Previous owner's bookplate on fep. Front edge untrimmed. Maroon cloth boards with gilt lettering on spine. Spine much faded. Blindstamp decoration on boards. Top and bottom of spine and corners lightly rubbed. Overall condition VG.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Prices are in Euros. Postage and Packing are at cost. Any item found unsatisfactory may be returned provided this is done within 7 days of receipt. We accept payment in Euros or Sterling equivalent (cheques payable to Owl Books). We also accept payment by Visa/Mastercard.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Owl Books
Owl Books is located in Kinlough, Co. Leitrim in the north-west of Ireland.We stock a wide range of topics including Natural History, Country Sports, General Literature, Travel and Topography, Religious and Modern Firsts. We welcome any enquiries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A blindstamp is a stamped impression, usually an image, logo, words, or design on the cover or spine of a book, without color or...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.