Paul : The Hero Of The Hour
by Ardizzone, Edward
- very good
- Very Good/Very Good++
Market Harborough, Leicestershire
Standard Delivery: 14 to 21 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The First UK Printing published by Porpoise Books in 1948.The fragile book is in VERY GOOD+ condition.A little light staining to the front and rear lower corners. The bottom 2cm of the spine is missing.A little rubbing to the top of the spine. Otherwise the book and boards are remarkably clean for their age and have been protected well by the wrapper.The WRAPPER is complete and is in Very Good++ condition.The price of 3/6 net is still intact.A little toning and rubbing to the spine with a little loss at the upper end.A 4 cm closed tear to the lower front spine fold.Minor closed tear at the flap folds.A little soiling and spotting to the cover in places.The wrapper looks very striking in the removable Brodart archival cover.A very scarce Ardizzone title about Paul, who joins the circus to help his financially disadvantaged family.By the end of the story he helps save the circus from a terrible blaze. Illustrated in colour on every page by Edward Ardizzone including the end papers and fly leaves.A truly charming book and very scarce in this collectible condition. Ashtonrarebooks welcomes direct contact.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Paul : The Hero Of The Hour
- Ardizzone, Edward
- Ardizzone, Edward
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good++
- Quantity available
- First UK Edition
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Porpoise, Paul, Ardizzone, Childrens,
Terms of Sale
Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The...[more]