The Peerage of Scotland: Containing a Historical and Genealogical account of the Nobility of that Kingdom. Collected from the Public Records of the Nation, the Charters and other Writings of the Nobility, and from the most approved histories.
by Crawfurd, George
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Provenance:Signature of Marjoribanks to the title page.
Neat historic annotations in pencil to margin p.133 Bruce; p.187 Hamilton; p.188 Hamilton; p.269 Ker; p459 Dalrymple/Viscount of Stair/Dunbar; p.479 Sandilands; p.480 Walter Sandilands (Torphichen) of Hilderstoun. Sandilands/Marjoribanks. Marriage of Margaret Sandilands to Thomas Marjoribanks of that Ilk in Vic. de Lithgow. Walter Sandilands of Hilderstoun "The ancestor of The Hamiltons of Westport Linlithgow"Handwritten note on green paper loosely inserted at 188-189 relating to Hamilton genealogy.
(The Marjoribanks Journal Number 2 -- January, 1994. http://marjorib.awardspace.co.uk/JIssue2.html provides further background information on the Marjoribanks genealogy.)
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Peerage of Scotland: Containing a Historical and Genealogical account of the Nobility of that Kingdom. Collected from the Public Records of the Nation, the Charters and other Writings of the Nobility, and from the most approved histories.
- Crawfurd, George
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Printed for the Author. Sold by George Stewart, at the Book and Angel in the Parliament Close.
- Date Published
- Scottish Genealogy, Peerage, Family History, Ancestry, Scotland, Stewart, Nobility, Torphichen, Marjoribanks, Sandilands, Bruce, Hamilton
- Bookseller catalogs
- History; British Local History; Scottish Enlightenment Soillseachadh na h-Alba;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged, when reported promptly upon receipt. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature may be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
Regrettably, customers may find that there may be delays in delivery due to the current situation. We regret that we cannot be responsible for taxes or duties imposed in the customer's country.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description. Further,...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the...
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...