Penguin Island (Modern Library #210.1)
by FRANCE, Anatole
- Very Good in Very Good- dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Modern Library. Very Good in Very Good- dust jacket. . Hardcover. A Modern Library reprint edition of author's satirical fantasy novel which was cited as a major factor in his being awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1921. Includes an introduction by H.R. Steeves. --- In Toledano spine 8, w/green cloth-covered boards, gilt titling on black spine & cover blocks, black topstain, grey Kent endpapers. Likely published c.1956 (though 1909 date appears in book). Jacket style i, verso advertises 377 titles in ML catalog. ML #210.1. --- With penciled notation on page viii and a little dulling to cover gilding, otherwise an unmarked, clean, firm copy. Dust jacket with chipping and small tears along edges and some light soiling to covers, otherwise bright and in removable archival mylar protector.; 12mo (7 to 7-1/2 in. tall); xvi, 295 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Penguin Island (Modern Library #210.1)
- FRANCE, Anatole
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Very Good- dust jacket
- The Modern Library
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Pulitzer, Nobel, Booker, Nat Book Award Prize;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]