Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Collins, St James’s Place, London, 1980. Double lge,post 16mo; two blanks at front, three at end, the outermost serving as paste-downs; pp.[iv]+262+[vi]; scarlet fine cloth-textured boards, blocked with publisher’s device and lettered gilt on spine. Contemporary ownership inscription on front free end-paper; slight creasing to spine; otherwise a virtually fine copy in dust-wrapper. In this copy the following errata and typographical flaws have been noted: p.54, l.30, ‘ring’ for ‘rung’; p.88, l.28, ‘from’ for ‘for’; p.91, l.32, ‘no’ battered at start; p.99, ll.19 - 24 reduplicated as ll.25 - 29; p.140, l.28, ‘be’ battered; p.141, l.7, ‘t’ in ‘the’ chipped; p.190, l.30, ‘any’ for ‘an’; p.227, penultimate line, ‘L’ of ‘Lat’ chipped; p.249, l.20, first ‘o’ in ‘door’ battered; p.251, l.20, ‘a’ in ‘all’ battered; p.253, l.7, ‘e’ in ‘series’ chipped; p.255, l.7, ‘un’ in ‘unobserved’ chipped. All books listed by Robert Temple are first editions unless otherwise stated.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Robert Temple Booksellers
Any book may be returned for any (or no) reason within seven days of receipt. If the book has been damaged in transit or there is an important error in our description, we will refund postage.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Robert Temple Booksellers
Specialists in Antiquarian and modern literary first editions (including later printings with revisions or added matter). Mail order booksellers since 1976
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Especially for older books, a printer's device refers to an identifying mark, also sometimes called a printer's mark, on the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Errata: aka Errata Slip A piece of paper either laid in to the book correcting errors found in the printed text after being...[more]