The Piano Teacher.
by Lee, Janice Y. K
- Fine in fine dust jacket with crease to lower corner of front jacket flap, in mylar cover.
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"A rare and exquisite story...Transports you out of time, out of place, into a world you can feel on your very skin." -Elizabeth Gilbert In the sweeping tradition of The English Patient , Janice Y.K. Lee's debut novel is a tale of love and betrayal set in war-torn Hong Kong. In 1942, Englishman Will Truesdale falls headlong into a passionate relationship with Trudy Liang, a beautiful Eurasian socialite. But their affair is soon threatened by the invasion of the Japanese as World War II overwhelms their part of the world. Ten years later, Claire Pendleton comes to Hong Kong to work as a piano teacher and also begins a fateful affair. As the threads of this spellbinding novel intertwine, impossible choices emerge-between love and safety, courage and survival, the present, and above all, the past.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Embry 186461
- The Piano Teacher.
- Lee, Janice Y. K
- Book condition
- Used - Fine in fine dust jacket with crease to lower corner of front jacket flap, in mylar cover.
- First edition, first printing.
- Viking, 2009. First edition, first printing.
- Date published
- First editions.
Terms of Sale
The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA
All books returnable for any reason within ten days of receipt. Shipping on all heavy or oversize books will be quoted upon inquiry. We do not ship surface overseas.
About the Seller
About The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]