PIANO TEACHER: A NOVEL
by LEE, JANICE Y. K
- VG IN WRAPS. FAINT EDGEWEAR. PAGES CLEAN & TIGHT. Pages: 326.
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"A rare and exquisite story...Transports you out of time, out of place, into a world you can feel on your very skin." -Elizabeth Gilbert In the sweeping tradition of The English Patient , Janice Y.K. Lee's debut novel is a tale of love and betrayal set in war-torn Hong Kong. In 1942, Englishman Will Truesdale falls headlong into a passionate relationship with Trudy Liang, a beautiful Eurasian socialite. But their affair is soon threatened by the invasion of the Japanese as World War II overwhelms their part of the world. Ten years later, Claire Pendleton comes to Hong Kong to work as a piano teacher and also begins a fateful affair. As the threads of this spellbinding novel intertwine, impossible choices emerge-between love and safety, courage and survival, the present, and above all, the past.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Vintage-Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- PIANO TEACHER: A NOVEL
- LEE, JANICE Y. K
- TRADE PAPERBACK.
- Book condition
- Used - VG IN WRAPS. FAINT EDGEWEAR. PAGES CLEAN & TIGHT. Pages: 326.
- Quantity available
- LATER PRINTING
- PENGUIN BOOKS
- Place of Publication
- NEW YORK
- Date published
- LITERATURE, FICTION, HONG KONG, CHINA, 1950S, 9780143116530
Terms of Sale
Please indicate your preferred shipping method! Orders within the continental USA are shipped via media mail, unless otherwise arranged by you. We can also ship via USPS Priority Mail (uninsured).
Because of the USA situation with COVID and issues with USPS, we are currently shipping to USA addresses only.
If no shipping method is requested, we will ship via media mail (US Only). Washington state residents MUST add sales tax as per your local rate. All shipments are packed as carefully as possible. Larger books will cost more to ship Returns: You must notify us and return the book to us within 10 business days to receive a refund, with the item the same condition as when shipped. Shipping costs will not be refunded.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- trade paperback
- Used to indicate any paperback book that is larger than a mass-market paperback and is often more similar in size to a hardcover...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.