PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE WORLD'S GREAT NATIONS. Illustrated. First Edition. Leather set. Complete in 3 volumes
by Yonge, Charlotte Mary
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Selmar Hess, 1882. FIRST EDITION / FIRST PRINTING. PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE WORLD'S GREAT NATIONS. From the earliest dates to the present time. These are large books measuring just under 11 inches tall. Bound in morocco leather. Thick beveled covers. Gilded spines and covers. Raised hubs. Marbled end papers. Heavily illustrated with full page engraved plates, protected in tissue. Numerous other illustrations. In excellent condition. The leather is still supple. Some general signs of usage wear/rubs. The hinges all strongly attached. Extra reinforced internally by the publisher's. Some starting on volume one. External rubs/wear. Early name printed on thick quality paper. Large font and well laid out. These are near folio-sized at just under 11 inches tall. This is the First Edition of this impressive set. This set would make an excellent gift and/or addition to any fine library. In addition to their shelf presence, antiquarian books make an excellent investment. We always pack very securely to help ensure safe handling during transit. All books are individually wrapped and are always professionally padded. We offer a full refund guarantee, per our terms described on our site, with notification of such intent requested. Please contact us with any inquiries.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE WORLD'S GREAT NATIONS. Illustrated. First Edition. Leather set. Complete in 3 volumes
- Yonge, Charlotte Mary
- Book condition
- FIRST EDITION / FIRST PRINTING
- Selmar Hess
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Merchants Rare Books
Merchants Rare Books, established in 2003, buys and sells rare and antiquarian books, with an emphasis on first editions and fine antiquarian sets from the 17th - 19th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Beveled edges, or beveled boards, describe a technique of binding in which the edges of book boards have been cut into slanted... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]