Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: C. Arthur Pearson Limited, 1899. Hardcover. Good. Includes hunting in Amaswazi, the hot lake district of New Zealand, gold fields of Victoria, diamond fields, Orange Free State and Transvaal, and Natal. 8vo, 420pp, b&w frontis, b&w illus throughout. Blue cloth covers with gilt title and gilt decorative motif featuring crossed rifles on front cover. Gilt title on blue cloth spine. Spine is rubbed, gilt title slightly worn. Covers rubbed at edges. Internally, owner's signature inside front cover, front hinge starting, light foxing to end papers.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Pictures of Travel, Sport, and Adventure
- Lacy, George
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity available
- C. Arthur Pearson Limited
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- VICTORIA; NEW ZEALAND; AUSTRALIA; SPORT;
Terms of Sale
Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2009
Garrison, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
Booksellers for over 40 years, members of prominent trade associations (ABAA, ILAB, ANZAAB, IMCOS, ANZMS, PBFA). We are located at Garrison NY, a stone's throw from the Metro North Hudson line train, just over 1 hr. from NYC on the banks of the Hudson River. Books, maps, prints & ephemera bought & sold.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]