Picturesque America or the Land We Live in : a Delineation By Pen and Pencil
by Bryant, William Cullen, Illustrated by Eminent American Artists
St. Charles, Michigan
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Picturesque America was first published by Appleton's as a serial, received semi-monthly by subscribers. Once their subscription was complete, the serials would be bound into a two-volume set, a variety of binding options available for the original 1872 and 1874 books. Picturesque America took readers on a tour of America through art and writing. It included 65 essays written by various authors, and was illustrated by 900 wood and 50 steel engravings. The engravings were done by variety of high skilled artists off of original drawings, mostly composed by artist Harry Fenn, the most prominent landscape illustrator in the US at the time.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Julie's Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Picturesque America or the Land We Live in : a Delineation By Pen and Pencil
- Bryant, William Cullen, Illustrated by Eminent American Artists
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1872
- Date Published
- ART-AMERICAN LANDSCAPES-ENGRAVINGS-PEN SKETCHES, AMERICAN SCENERY, PEN & P ENCIL, ILLUSTRATORS-WARREN, A.C., FENN, HARRY, JOHNSON, DAVID, PERKINS, GRA NVILLE, WOODWARD, J.D., DARLEY, F.O.C., CASILEAR, J.W., BELLOWS, A.F., KENS LETT, J.F., HART, J.M.,
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Immediate shipment to buyer upon order, notification of unavailability, insured books over $50, complete refund & postage reimbursement with customer dissatisfaction, detailed book descriptions.
ships only in U.S.
About the Seller
About Julie's Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description. Further,... [More]