A PICTURESQUE TOUR OF THE ENGLISH LAKES, CONTAINING A DESCRIPTION OF THE MOST ROMANTIC SCENERY OF CUMBERLAND, WESTMORELAND, AND LANCASHIRE, WITH ACCOUNTS OF ANTIENT AND MODERN MANNERS AND CUSTOMS, AND ELUCIDATIONS OF THE HISTORY AND ANTIQUITIES OF THAT PART OF THE COUNTRY, &C. &C ILLUSTRATED WITH FORTY-EIGHT COLOURED VIEWS...
by FIELDING, T[heodore] H[enry] and WALTON, J
- Text and plates clean with only occasional offsetting from the text to the plates. Spine edges rubbed, corners worn. Very Good
Standard Delivery: 10 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Abbey, SCENERY 192; Tooley 219.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Charles Agvent (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A PICTURESQUE TOUR OF THE ENGLISH LAKES, CONTAINING A DESCRIPTION OF THE MOST ROMANTIC SCENERY OF CUMBERLAND, WESTMORELAND, AND LANCASHIRE, WITH ACCOUNTS OF ANTIENT AND MODERN MANNERS AND CUSTOMS, AND ELUCIDATIONS OF THE HISTORY AND ANTIQUITIES OF THAT PART OF THE COUNTRY, &C. &C ILLUSTRATED WITH FORTY-EIGHT COLOURED VIEWS...
- FIELDING, T[heodore] H[enry] and WALTON, J
- Book condition
- Used - Text and plates clean with only occasional offsetting from the text to the plates. Spine edges rubbed, corners worn. Very Good
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- R. Ackermann
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- English Lakes; Color Plate Books; Travel; 19th Century; Hand-Colored Plates
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel; Hand-Colored Plates;
Terms of Sale
All books subject to prior sale. Payment with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $11.00 for the first book, $6.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, and American Express accepted. We are also open to reasonable payment terms. A book may be returned within 7 days of receipt for any reason provided it is in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.
About the Seller
About Charles Agvent
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]