The pilgrimage of the Tiber, from its mouth to its source: with some account of its tributaries.
by Davies, William
- See item description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Sampson Low, Marston, Low & Searle. London. 1873. First edition. Octavo. xii, 347pp, 48pp publisher's adverts. Engraved frontis., map, coloured in outline, 3 further engraved plates, text engravings. Original cloth, gilt lettering, rules and cover vignette. Bumped and rubbed. Hinges cracked. Untrimmed, and partially unopened. Short closed tear to first page of index. Sporadic minor foxing/spotting. Blue silk bookmark. Inscription dated Dec 27th 1873 to verso ffep. WH Smith stamp embossed to ffep.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The pilgrimage of the Tiber, from its mouth to its source: with some account of its tributaries.
- Davies, William
- Book condition
- Used - See item description
- Quantity available
- Sampson Low, Marston, Low & Searle
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Italy, Rome, Erope, Travel, Rivers
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Europe; Italy and Italian Interest;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- A state in which all or some of the pages of a book have not been separated from the adjacent pages, caused by a traditional...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.