Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
L. and G. Seeley, London, 1840. Hardcover. Leather. Fine. "John Bunyan could be said to have authored one of the most influential books in the English language. But 'The Pilgrim's Progress' is so much more than an historical novel. Bunyan's plan for his readers is for them to travel through this book as an adventure through the Christian life - retold on paper and in pictures. The story of Christian and his companions has been a favourite for generations. John Bunyan's imaginative text brings out the same, practical, necessary lessons that everyone needs to know..." [Pub. Info] With original notes by the Rev. Thomas Scott. Full leather; gold on all page edges; gold tooling on cover; minor wear to hinge areas of outside covers; slight wear to the extremities. This is a deluxe and beautiful book.
The Pilgrim's Progress from This World to That Which Is to Come is a Christian allegory written by John Bunyan and published in February, 1678. It is regarded as one of the most significant works of English literature, has been translated into more than 200 languages, and has never been out of print.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- civilizingbooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Pilgrim's Progress: In Two Parts
- Bunyan, John
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Quantity available
- L. and G. Seeley, London
- Date published
- 17th century; English writer; Nonconformist; Allegory
- Bookseller catalogs
- RELIGION & MYTHOLOGY; MEDIEVAL STUDIES; RARE & SCARCE; FINE BOOK BINDINGS;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]