Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"This is the best—the glorious best—of Lewis. For here, with the gemlike beauty and hardness that poetry alone can achieve, are his ideas about the nature of things that lay behind his writings."— Christianity Today Known worldwide for his fiction and philosophical essays, C.S. Lewis was just as much a poet as a polemicist. From the age of fourteen, he wrote poetry on just as many subjects as he covered in his prose, and in fact poetry is even present in his other writings, such as the short lyrics included in The Pilgrim’s Recess and Till We Have Faces , which began its life as a long poem. Whether writing prose or poetry, Lewis’s “wonderful imagination is the guiding thread.” That imagination is on display in Poems , with works covering the many varied subjects Lewis was interested in his whole life, everything from God to nature, love to reason, unicorns to spaceships. "Take[s] an important place in the Lewis canon."— New York Times Book Review
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
David Ford Books
About the Seller
About David Ford Books
David Ford Books is a member of the P.B.F.A. and sells a wide range of quality out of print and antiquarian books through their book sales and at bookfair throughout the UK. The condition of our books is of the utmost importance to us, with few falling below the VG and many in Fine condition. All dust wrappers are protected. Should you wish to discuss a book, or your requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or (as I prefer to talk to customers personally) by telephone.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]