Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"This is the best—the glorious best—of Lewis. For here, with the gemlike beauty and hardness that poetry alone can achieve, are his ideas about the nature of things that lay behind his writings."— Christianity Today Known worldwide for his fiction and philosophical essays, C.S. Lewis was just as much a poet as a polemicist. From the age of fourteen, he wrote poetry on just as many subjects as he covered in his prose, and in fact poetry is even present in his other writings, such as the short lyrics included in The Pilgrim’s Recess and Till We Have Faces , which began its life as a long poem. Whether writing prose or poetry, Lewis’s “wonderful imagination is the guiding thread.” That imagination is on display in Poems , with works covering the many varied subjects Lewis was interested in his whole life, everything from God to nature, love to reason, unicorns to spaceships. "Take[s] an important place in the Lewis canon."— New York Times Book Review
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Charles Parkhurst Rare Books, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Lewis, C.S
- Hard Cover with Dust Jacket
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First American Edition
- Harcourt, Brace & World, Inc
- Place of Publication
- New York; (1965)
Terms of Sale
Charles Parkhurst Rare Books, Inc.
Shipping costs are extra and will be billed at cost according to customer's shipping preference with tracking availability. For all European countries, please provide a phone number. If by surface, please allow sufficient travel time for arrival. For approximate shipping cost by weight, destination and approximate travel time please contact us. All items are subject to prior sale. If you are interested in an item, we encourage you to inquire promptly. Personal checks must clear prior to shipment. All items sent on approval and have a ten day return privilege for any reason. Please notify us prior to returning. All returns must be properly packaged and insured. All items must be returned in same condition as sent.
About the Seller
About Charles Parkhurst Rare Books, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]