Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Two volumes bound in one. William Heinemann Ltd., in Association with Chatto and Windus, Cassell & Company Ltd., and Longmans, Green and Company. London. nd. Small octavo. Title pages in red and black. xx, (1), 240pp; xviii, 266pp. Woodcut text illustrations, musical notation. Bound in full calf by Bumpus of Oxford Street. Spine in six compartments with gilt rules, lettering and embellishment. Gilt rule bordering to upper and lower boards. Gilt rules to edges and double rule bordering to inner edges. All edges gilt. Slight offsetting from binding overlay to endpapers. A couple of small nicks to spine. Slight shelf wear to edges. Bumpus binder's stamp to fep margin.
Volume I: A Child's Garden of Verses; Underwoods; Songs of Travel; Moral Emblems
Volume II: Ballads; New Poems
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Stevenson, Robert Louis
- See description and photographs
- Book condition
- William Heinemann Ltd., in Association with Chatto and Windus, Cassell & Company Ltd., and Longmans, Green and Company.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Poetry, Fine binding, Bumpus
- Bookseller catalogs
- Literature; Christmas gift ideas; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged, when reported promptly upon receipt. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature may be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
Regrettably, customers may find that there may be delays in delivery due to the current situation. We regret that we cannot be responsible for taxes or duties imposed in the customer's country.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [More]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- no publisher's date given
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]