The Poetical Works of William Falconer
by William Falconer
- very good
- Very Good
BATH, Somerset, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Rooke Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Poetical Works of William Falconer
- William Falconer
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- William Pickering
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 6.5" by 4"
- william falconer poetical works leather editions poetical works
Terms of Sale
Books are sent on approval and may be returned in like condition for any reason within 14 days of receipt. Responsibility of return to be with the purchaser.
About the Seller
About Rooke Books
We are a small team dedicated to bringing you very scarce books at reasonable prices. We specialise in rare and hard to come by works on all subjects over the last 500 years, together with modern first editions and decorative sets and bindings. Our library has something for every interest and specialism. We deliver worldwide using a fully tracked and insured courier delivery service.
Where are We?
Based in the literary city of Bath, our offices are housed in the Eastern Dispensary. Built in 1845, the building originally existed as a charitable institution providing medical care. The building now houses our collection of over twenty thousand books and has five full time members of staff.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- A book in which the pages have been bound into a covering replacing the original covering issued by the publisher.
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....