The Poetry of the Fields: Passages from the Poets Descriptive of Pastoral Scenes
- very good
- Very good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
7 7/8" X 5 3/8". xv, [ii], 18-128pp. Bound in full brown morocco leather, with pastureland-embellished title in gilt and bordered decoratively in dark brown to both boards, with spine lettered in gilt with gilt leaf compartments. All edges gilt. Moderate wear to binding, with scuffing and edgewear, bumping to corners, and scattered rubbing to edges and extremities. Lacking blank leaf preceding half-title. Binding is firm and sound, text block tight. Foxing to pages throughout, with toning to tissue-guards, else unmarked. Illustrated in 4 tissue-guarded plates.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Underground Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Poetry of the Fields: Passages from the Poets Descriptive of Pastoral Scenes
- Leather bound
- Book condition
- Used - Very good
- E. H. Butler & Co
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- poetry nature catalogueone BIBLIO-LIVE-3 giftable novemberdrop22
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Underground Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book.... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]