Poor Richard: The Almanacks for the Years 1733-1758
by SAUNDERS, Richard; [FRANKLIN, Benjamin]
- near fine
- Near Fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Heritage Press. Near Fine. 1964. Hardcover. The American founder's legendary work in special Heritage Press reprint edition. With the pseudonym of Mr. Franklin (Richard Saunders) represented on title page. Includes illustrations in both color and black & white by Norman Rockwell, and with an introduction by Van Wyck Brooks. With translations of foreign aphorisms and end notes at rear of volume. --- A sizeable quarto, about 12 inches tall. In tan buckram covers w/blindstamped signs of the Zodiac pattern on cover; gilt-stamped titling on spine. Sandglass flyer is not present. --- A bright, firm, complete copy but with slight binder's glue bleed-through at front and rear hinges. Very Good+ slipcase with light scuffing; is structurally sound. ; Quarto (11 to 13 in. tall); xiii, 300 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Poor Richard: The Almanacks for the Years 1733-1758
- SAUNDERS, Richard; [FRANKLIN, Benjamin]
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- The Heritage Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>American History & Politics; >>American Society, Life in the US;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]