A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man
by JOYCE, JAMES
- First Edition; preceding the English edition, issued from the American sheets, by two months. A fine copy in the rare dust jacke
Standard Delivery: 5 to 10 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Joyce's A Portait of the Artist as a Young Man is a semi-autobiographical work. It tells of the intellectual, religious, and philosophical awakening of the main character, Stephen Dedalus as he rebels against the conventions in which he has been raised and leaves home to pursue his artistic ambition.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Peter L. Stern & Company, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man
- JOYCE, JAMES
- Book condition
- Used - First Edition; preceding the English edition, issued from the American sheets, by two months. A fine copy in the rare dust jacke
- B.W. Huebsch
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Peter L. Stern & Company, Inc.
About the Seller
About Peter L. Stern & Company, Inc.
Specializing in 19th and 20th century literature, signed and inscribed books, and manuscripts we maintain a high quality inventory. Our shop is located in the heart of Newton Centre where we are open by chance or appointment
In the long-standing tradition of the rare book trade we continue to mail regular catalogues to our customers. We are easily accessible via the MBTA Green Line's D Branch. We travel widely and attend both international and local book fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- clamshell box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]