Primera [- Segunda y Tercera] Parte de los veinte i un libros rituales i Monarchia Indiana y con el origen y guerras de los Indios Ocidentales
by TORQUEMADA, Juan de
- Very Good+
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Madrid, Nicolas Rodriguez Franco, 1723
Folio. Three volumes. Vol I: engraved title page, 1t leaves, folding map, 768 pp., 36 leaves. Vol II: engraved title page, 6 leaves, 623 pp., 28 leaves. Vol III: engraved title page, 5 leaves, 4pp., 634pp, 21 leaves. Contemporary vellum with coat of arms at the front of each volume.
First volume contains the history of New Spain, second volume the religious believes and practices of the indians in Mexico and third volume the development of the Catholic church in New Spain.
Written by the Franciscan provincial superior of Mexico, this edition was corrected and updated by Barcia Carballido y Zúñiga. The text makes particular use of the unpublished manuscript of Gerónimo Mendieta, who reached Mexico in 1554 and spent his life among the Indians.
The second and best edition of this "key work on the early history of Spanish North America"
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Grupo Editorial Rosa Maria Porrua (MX)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Primera [- Segunda y Tercera] Parte de los veinte i un libros rituales i Monarchia Indiana y con el origen y guerras de los Indios Ocidentales
- TORQUEMADA, Juan de
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Quantity Available
- Nicolas Rodriguez Franco
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Torquemada, Monarquía Indiana, BIBLIO-LIVE-2
- Bookseller catalogs
- Siglo XVIII; Historia de Mexico;
- May be a multi-volume set and require additional postage.
Terms of Sale
Grupo Editorial Rosa Maria Porrua
We ship worldwide upon payment.
About the Seller
About Grupo Editorial Rosa Maria Porrua
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...