The Prince. Translated from the Original Italian of Niccolo Machiavelli. To Which is Prefixed an introduction...
by Machiavelli, Niccolò, 1469-1527 / Byerley, John Scott, 1750- 1837
- very good
- Very Good
Cranston, Rhode Island
Standard Delivery: 2 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Printed for Sherwood, Neely, and Jones, 1810. Hard Cover. xii, xcv, 211 p.; 23 cm. (6 ll., a-f, A-N8, O2). Title continues: "Shewing the Close Analogy between the Principles of Machiavelli and the Actions of Buonaparte by J. Scott Byerley." John Scott Byerley argues that Britain coulf do better in defeating Napoleon if it adhered to rational, Machiavellian practices. Byerley, despite American library catalogers, did exist. His biography is in Notes & Queries, 13th series, vol. 152, p. 160. Bertelli (Machiavelli) XIX, 30. Stock#OB970. Vg, untrimmed in original boards, most of paper spine perished, blue paper over boards has tears.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Owl at the Bridge (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Prince. Translated from the Original Italian of Niccolo Machiavelli. To Which is Prefixed an introduction...
- Machiavelli, Niccolò, 1469-1527 / Byerley, John Scott, 1750- 1837
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- Printed for Sherwood, Neely, and Jones
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Machiavelli and Napoleon
- Bookseller catalogs
- Collectible and Rare Books;
Terms of Sale
The Owl at the Bridge
Ten-day return guarantee; full refund includes original shipping costs for up to ten days after delivery if an item is misdescribed or damaged. Different carrier (UPS, FedEx, DHL) on request-- astonishingly, USPS is most economical & reliable.
About the Seller
About The Owl at the Bridge
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]