THE PRINCES IN THE TOWER.**
by JENKINS**, ELIZABETH:
- Near FINE./Near FINE.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
PLYMOUTH., Devon, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The book does not maintain that Richard III was innocent of the murders,but sees the present cult of him as a reaction against genuine injustice to his memory: the treating of circumstantial evidence against him as if it were direct evidence,and the loading of his reputation with other crimes he did not commit. Assesses the influence of the savage struggle of YORK and LANCASTER for the crown,the fatal breach in the family bond caused by EDWARD IV's being obliged to put his brother CLARENCE to death and the widespread unpopularity of the Queen,ELIZABETH WOODVILLE,and her relatives. Scrupulous attention to the period particularly fascinating.The Palace of Westminster,the Royal Apartments in the TOWER,and the richness of EDWARD IV's lifestyle vividly depicted in detail.The spectacle of a man of RICHARD's capacity for kingship and his excellent record as a soldier and administrator,drawn to procure a fearful crime that was also a fearful blunder, is more alarming to the rest of us than the actions of a thorough-paced criminal.
Please contact seller,because of the weight and the value of this item,for correct shipping/P+p quotes - particularly ALL overseas buyers - BEFORE ordering through the order page!
** N.B. ALL buyers please note,stocks' actual shipping/P+p costs are adjusted and any difference is refunded,after order's receipt and before the order's despatch,especially if the item(s) are offered either P+p included/FREE.
** N.B. US/Canada customers please be aware: Standard AIRMAIL postage from UK to these destinations can now cost more than the price of the book! If speed is not of the essence,then Economy rate is recommended - at approx. anything from a 1/3rd to 1/2 of the standard AIR quote/rate - sometimes arriving sooner than the 42 days - but not always.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY. (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE PRINCES IN THE TOWER.**
- JENKINS**, ELIZABETH:
- illus with contemporary b/w facsimile illustration reproductions,b/w portrait illustrations and modern b/w scenic photographs.
- Book condition
- Used - Near FINE.
- Jacket condition
- Near FINE.
- UK,8vo HB+dw/dj,1st edn.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- This edition first published
- q52.BIOGRAPHY.UK,8vo HB+dw/dj,1st edn.ISBN 0241898757.Regicide_Princes in the Tower. Elizabethan history.Richard III_Edward IV.Kings of England.Bloody Tower.Westminster_Royal Apartments.Henry VI+VII.Edward V_Richard.Biography_British mediaeval Royalty.Boo
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
NO books will be sent 'ON APPROVAL' unless paid for in full and invoiced accordingly and with appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.If returned/declined monies refundable (P+p and any processing fees excluded). Other returns/refunds, only if book(s) are misdescribed,and then a) matches the invoice sent with it, b) returned in original packaging and state/condition sent out in,and received by buyer, c) and returned at the seller's original and actual shipping/P+p cost used when despatched to buyer - any excess cost borne at returnee's own expense. Notification of intent of return, required within 2 days of receipt of book please. 30 day return guarantee, for refund, (excluding P+p costs and any processing fees), for up to 30 days after delivery, only if an item arrives either misdescribed or damaged.Other returns accepted at seller's discretion. Orders processed same day,subject to time of receipt of order and payment, by end of P.O's business day, where applicable, and despatched the same day (weekends excluded). Shipping/P+p costs are based on books weighing 2.2Lb,or 1KG and UNINSURED, unless quoted otherwise. If your book order (P+p cost included/excluded) is in excess of 20.00 GBP,heavy or oversized, as per instruction, we'll contact you to let you know if extra shipping/insurance is required.Prices are nett, worldwide shipping/handling and registration/ insurance fees are extra.Books/orders in excess of 20.00 GBP will only be sent with appropriate insurance fees. So,for actual insured/registered shipping costs, prior contact with the seller, BEFORE ordering, is required at: email@example.com. All orders are wrapped in sellophane, then either bubble-wrapped or corrugated-card and then boxed.[US+CANADA only.] Items/orders over 20.00 GBP are automatically sent registered/insured either via PARCEL FORCE [insured].Or, International SIGNED For [insured] AIRMAIL,minimum of 6.50 GBP,in addition to P+p and subject to book('s) weight.Books WILL NOT be sent without appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.We use the Royal Mail for inland (UK)and most overseas deliveries.For most other International destinations,for orders/books in excess of 20.00 GBP,we use Royal Mail International Registered/SIGNED For minimum of 6.50 GBP (100gm),in addition to postage and subject to book('s) weight.UK addresses, orders/ books in excess of 20.00 GBP, sent Next Day Guaranteed Delivery [Minimum Insured up to 250 GBP automatically - at no fee,extra insurance can be bought upto 1,000 GBP and Maximum 2,500 GBP - enquire for costs.], minimum of 5.90 GBP per order, again subject to weight. Cheques payable to R J A PAXTON-DENNY at business address.Ir requiring to pay by paypal contact seller for paypal account email.
About the Seller
About R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The colophon contains information about a book's publisher, the typesetting, printer, and possibly even includes a printer's...
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical...
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...