Prophetical, Educational, And Playing Cards - Signed by Author
by Mrs. John King Van Rensselaer (Maria Denning "May" King)
- very good
- Very Good/No Jacket
NYC, New York
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philadelphia: George W. Jacobs & Company, First Printing, October 1912. SIGNED by May, with an additional Indian Proverb in her hand. Gold Gilt stamping to front board, and spine Very Bright. Extremity wear, bumping, with rubbing to Cloth. Top Edge Gilt (T.E.G.), others edges uncut, with some remaining unopened (Contents). As above, Signed with a four-line Indian proverb in authors hand to pastedown. Previous owner erudite attribution notes to rear endpaper verso, with envelope tipped to rear pastedown containing an Alice and Martin Provensen, King Playing Card Greetings. Tissue guard Frontispiece Plate as called for. Binding wear noted, but still a Very Good copy.. First Edition, First Printing. Hard Cover, Cloth. Very Good/No Jacket. Illus. by Various Plates. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- GatesPastBooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Prophetical, Educational, And Playing Cards - Signed by Author
- Mrs. John King Van Rensselaer (Maria Denning "May" King)
- Various Plates
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- First Edition, First Printing
- George W. Jacobs & Company
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- History, Games, Playing Cards, The Devil's Picture Book, Occult, Prognostication, Divination, Fortune Telling, Thoth, Hermes, Mercurius, Nebo, Nabu, Trionfi, Tarrochi, Tarock, Taro, Rota, Tarot
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
All items ready to ship within 24 hours, safely, securely packed. 1-3 Day Priority/Express Domestic and Expedited International USPS available for all books. FedEx/UPS upon request. Contact directly if your preferred shipping option is not shown. Please note: heavy and/or oversized Items may require extra shipping charges.
Most books have images, email for further description or additional images if needed. All sales returnable if not as described.
Direct payments - https://paypal.me/GatesPastBooks
Communications - email@example.com ~ http://www.gatespastbooks.com
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A state in which all or some of the pages of a book have not been separated from the adjacent pages, caused by a traditional...[more]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]