Proud Shoes: The Story of An American Family
by Murray, Pauli
- good; pages lightly toned; some foxing to text block edges; remainder mark on bottom of text block; all else-clean, tight, & att
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Reverend Dr. Pauli Murray (1910–1985) was a lawyer and civil-rights activist, America's first black woman Episcopalian priest, and a founder of NOW. Patricia Bell-Scott is professor of family and child development and women's studies at the University of Georgia. She was founding editor of SAGE: A Scholarly Journal on Women and has been a contributing editor to Ms. Magazine. She has published several books, including Life Notes: Personal Writings by Contemporary Black Women, Double Stitch: Black Women Write About Mothers and Daughters , and Flat-footed Truths: Telling Black Women's Lives (with Dr. Juanita Johnson-Bailey).
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Rosebud Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Proud Shoes
- Murray, Pauli
- Trade paperback
- Book condition
- Used - good; pages lightly toned; some foxing to text block edges; remainder mark on bottom of text block; all else-clean, tight, & att
- Harper and Row
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Books must be returned within 7 days of receipt in the "same as shipped" condition for a refund. Shipping charges will not be refunded. Money Orders, business checks, or credit cards processed through Biblio accepted as payment.
About the Seller
About Rosebud Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- trade paperback
- Used to indicate any paperback book that is larger than a mass-market paperback and is often more similar in size to a hardcover... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book.... [More]
- remainder mark
- Usually an ink marking of some sort which indicates that the book was designated a remainder. In most cases, it can be found on... [More]