The Prydain Cycle: The Book of Three; The Black Cauldron (Signed); The Castle of Llyr; Taran Wanderer; and The High King
by Alexander, Lloyd
- near fine
- Near fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First editions, first printings. Five volumes. The complete set of the Prydain Cycle.
"The Book of Three" is near fine in the publisher's purple paper boards; the dustwrapper is not clipped and has the original price of $3.75, lightly browned, rubbed, rough along the edges and fold.
"The Black Cauldron" is signed by the author on the title page. A near fine copy in publisher's red paper boards. The dustwrapper is not price-clipped but is lightly browned from aging, else is near fine. It was a Newbery Honor selection.
"The Castle of Llyr" is near fine in the publisher's blue paper boards, showing only a trace of aging; the dustwrapper is not clipped and has the original price of $3.95, lightly browned, rubbed, rough along the edges and fold.
"Taran Wanderer" is in the publisher's blue paper boards and is a fine copy. The dustwrapper is near fine with only light soil and darkening of the spine. It is price-clipped, but is a review copy with the publisher's review slip laid-in.
"The High King" is in the publisher's blue paper boards and shows light browning from age. The dustwrapper is first state without the Newbery medal, is somewhat browned, mostly on the spine, and soiled, else is in very good condition. With the author's signature on a slip of paper laid-in.
This is Alexander's high fantasy masterpiece, based on Welsh mythology, and with roots in the Mabinogion, though inflated and changed around by the author.
Overall this is a wonderful set of stated first editions.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Thorn Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Prydain Cycle: The Book of Three; The Black Cauldron (Signed); The Castle of Llyr; Taran Wanderer; and The High King
- Alexander, Lloyd
- Book condition
- Used - Near fine
- First edition, first printing
- Holt, Rinehart, Winston
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
All books returnable for any reason within seven days, providing only that they are received in the same condition as shipped. Shipments to an Arizona address must add appropriate sales tax. Libraries billed.
About the Seller
About Thorn Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- first state
- used in book collecting to refer to a book from the earliest run of a first edition, generally distinguished by a change in some... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is... [More]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- "Laid In" indicates that there is something which is included with, but not attached to the book, such as a sheet of paper. The... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]