Pure Pagan: Seven Centuries of Greek Poems and Fragments
by Raffel, Buton, Ed
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York, New York, U.S.A.: Modern Library, 2004. First Modern Library printing. With an Introduction by Guy Davenport. Gray cloth, gilt titles and ML logo to front and spine. Bernhard endsheets. A collection of poems described as 'pagan' because, according to the Introduction, they grew out of a pastoral experience. Many of the poets lived during the period of 300-500 B.C. A near fine, unread copy in like DJ with light aging at edges. 81 pp.. 1st Edition. Hardcover. Fine/Fine.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- citynightsbooks (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Pure Pagan: Seven Centuries of Greek Poems and Fragments
- Raffel, Buton, Ed
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- 1st Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Modern Library
- Place of Publication
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Poetry; Modern Library; Ancient & Classical;
Terms of Sale
- Books may be returned within 15 days in the same condition in which they were purchased. Please contact us first via e-mail.
- We do not accept discretionary returns or third-party sales.
- We regard the US Postal Service scans as proof of delivery.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2004
Ask Seller a Question
Out-of-print, rare and antiquarian books, literary firsts and signed editions.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]