Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Vol. three: appendices: A. Conformation of the Ideal Quarter Horse B. Bloodlines of Working Quarter Horses C. Bloodlines of Racing Quarter Horses D. Fastest Times 440 yards Between 1880-1900 E. Fastest Times Modern F. Recognized Records for Short Races G. Photographs: Zantanon, Yellow Boy, Little Joe, Joe Hancock, Midnight, Joe Reed, Peter McCue, Joe Bailey, Old Fred, Possum, Old Joe Bailey Weatherford, Traveler, Sheik, Oklahoma Star, Della Moore, Colonel, Old Red Bird, Balleymooney, Plaudit, Cowboy, Texas Chief, Old Red Buck, Yellow Jacket, Chief, Jack McCue, Ace of Hearts, Harmon Baker. Gold printed dark red leatherette. Tiny bit of rubbing and owners name otherwise a fine copy. Includes sections on - The Using Horse: On the Ranch, In the Rodeo, On the Short Track; On the Polo Field Breeding Quarter Horses: Breed Characteristics; Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred; Thoroughbred Influence; Breeding for Ranch and Rodeo; Breeding for Speed; Standards and Objectives; Family Strengths and Weaknesses. Archer Parr's copy. Parr was a member of the family that had ruled Duval County since 1898. He died Nov. 2, 2000.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
During the present time we are only shipping via USPS PRIORITY. This allows us to print shipping on-line from home. We still support 15 day return guarantee, if our books are not as described, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 15 days after delivery, notify us and return promptly with original packing. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.
About the Seller
About Maggie Lambeth
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Deckle edge
- Deckle edge is the feathered edge of a page. Traditionally and historically, this was a side effect of the process of making...[more]