Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Sidgwick & Jackson Ltd, 1973-09-21. Hardcover. Very Good. in x in x in. London : Sidgwick & Jackson Ltd., 1973. Hardcover FIRST edition, held in original pictorial wrapper. Wrapper in a mylar sleeve to prevent wear. Only very light wear; with some chipping to the extremities. Has not been price-clipped. Bound in black cloth-effect boards with gilt blocked lettering to the spine. Moderate edgewear to boards, with bumping & rubbing to the corners. Internally page bodies a little tanned, yet text & images remain sharp. Gift inscription to the front endpapers. No further marginalia. Binding firm.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2021
Ask Seller a Question
About HALCYON BOOKS
Halcyon Books is a family run secondhand bookshop in Lewisham. we have a walk in shop (currently closed) as well as a online stock of over 75,000 books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Marginalia, in brief, are notes written in the margins, or beside the text of a book by a previous owner. This is very...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.