Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Rabbit, Run , written by John Updike and first published by Alfred A. Knopf in 1960, follows a 26-year-old former high school basketball player nicknamed “Rabbit.” Imprisoned in a tedious job and a loveless marriage, Rabbit attempts to find freedom from his constrained middle-class lifestyle. The novel was republished in a 1963 Penguin Edition, which was the first to include more sexually risque passages cut by Knopf in the first edition. The first of the 'Rabbit Tetralogy', Rabbit, Run is perhaps the most sought-after title written by Updike.
Read more: Identifying first editions of RABBIT, RUN
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Antic Hay Books
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The blurb refers to the commentary that appears on the dust jacket flaps or the rear of the dustjacket. In the case of...[more]