Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1976. SCHEMMER, Benjamin F. THE RAID. NY: Harper & Row, . 8vo., cloth & boards in dust jacket. First Edition, first printing. The full story of the extraordinary top-secret mission to rescue 61 American POWs in a prison compound 23 miles from Hanoi in Vietnam. Signed presentation from Schemmer, to a General involved in plotting the mission, on the front endpaper: "August 1976. For Major General Dick Stewart- With warm respect for one helluva job working to get these guys home safely, with deep thanks for helping me tell the story, and with high respect, personally and professionally, Ben Schemmer." Major General Richard R. "Dick" Stewart was Deputy Director For Intelligence at the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency and is mentioned several times and pictured in at least one photograph in the book. Stewart has underlined, with a red pen, a sentence in the book about him on page 291. A terrific association copy and scarce to locate any signed copy! Very Good (small blemish front cover, contents clean & tight with small paper clip mark at top of above-mentioned page); minor wear d/j. $150.00.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Antic Hay Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2007
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Ask Seller a Question
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Association copy
- An association copy is a copy of a book which has been signed and inscribed by the author for a personal friend,...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]