Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- BookRanger (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Rainbow and the Rose
- Shute, Nevil
- Softcover. Glued binding is square and tight. Spine slightly tilted. Block and pages are clean and unmarked.
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition thus; First Printing thus
- Ballantine Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Fiction. Aviation.
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
This is because we do not buy books blindly in mass purchases. All of our books are hand-picked for such qualities as condition, subject matter, scarcity, and overall appeal. On rare occasions, a book's physical condition may fall below our normal standards, due to scarcity of the particular title or edition. In any case, we make every attempt to use only the descriptive terms which accurately depict the particular book offered for sale.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]