A Rare Benedictine The Advent of Brother Cadfael
by Ellis Peters
- Fine/Near Fine
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Carrollton, Texas, United States
More Shipping Options
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Blue boards with gold writing on spine; very slight shelf wear on dust jacket spine. Tight binding and pages still look in excellent condition; illustrations crisp and sharp. Cover price of £12.95 on front dust jacket fold. First Edition; First Printing as indicated by no other printings or editions listed on copyright page. Signed by author on title page. Carrying three vintage tales of Peters' Brother Cadfael, and illustrated by Clifford Harper, this is the true first edition as published in the UK. Hardcover and original unclipped dust jacket protected by archival Mylar cover.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- A Rare Benedictine The Advent of Brother Cadfael
- Ellis Peters
- Clifford Harper
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity Available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- ellis peters; benedictine; brother cadfael
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction; Mystery; Signed / Inscribed;
Terms of Sale
Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting
About the Seller
About Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting
I focus on modern first edition, first printings, but have been lately finding first editions, later printings of older novels in my inventory. I'm also highlighting a lot of signed books that I've found.
I will also gladly search for and offer well-priced books of all kinds. If there's something you'd love to have, either send me a message here or go to https://cases.sherlockjoes.com and Open a Case!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....