A Rationale or Practical Exposition of the Book of Common Prayer by the Right Reverend Father in God, Anthony Sparrow D.D. . . . To which are prefix'd the Lives of the Compilers of the Liturgy; and an Historical Account of its Several Reviews by the Reverend Mr. Samuel Downes
by Sparrow, Anthony and Samuel Downes
- very good
- Very Good
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- St. Wulfstans Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- A Rationale or Practical Exposition of the Book of Common Prayer by the Right Reverend Father in God, Anthony Sparrow D.D. . . . To which are prefix'd the Lives of the Compilers of the Liturgy; and an Historical Account of its Several Reviews by the Reverend Mr. Samuel Downes
- Sparrow, Anthony and Samuel Downes
- Leather Bound
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- sixth edition (Rationale) and first edition (Lives)
- Printed by J. Bettenham for Charles Rivington
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Anglican Common Prayer history commentary 18th
Terms of Sale
St. Wulfstans Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About St. Wulfstans Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Spine Label
- The paper or leather descriptive tag attached to the spine of the book, most commonly providing the title and author of the...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the...
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...
- The heel of the spine.
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...