The Razors Edge A Novel
by Maugham, W. Somerset
- Very Good +/Good
Perrineville, New Jersey
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Razor's Edge , by W. Somerset Maugham, first published by Doubleday Doran in the United States in 1944, relates the experiences of a World War I pilot, Larry Darrell, who chooses to embrace a counter-cultural lifestyle as a way of dealing with his PTSD, though the syndrome is of course not identified as such in the book. This book challenges the cultural ideals of the 1940s, and disregards the stereotype of the returning military hero. Some controversy surrounded the publication of this book because of its lack of patriotic fervor and its embrace of bohemian ideals, but today it is regarded as one of the more important pieces of American literature from the 1940s. -
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Vera Enterprises LLC (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Razors Edge A Novel
- Maugham, W. Somerset
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good +
- Jacket condition
- First Edition First Printing
- Doubleday, Doran & Co., Inc.,
- Place of Publication
- Garden City : New York
- Date Published
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Vera Enterprises LLC
We are still open for business, with a very reduced staff and only one person works at a time in the office and/or shipping. We ship world wide and quote additional shipping for all oversized books and/or over 2 lbs. An N95 Mask is worn and gloves changed with each book as it is processed. We transport packed books to a post office and Current events have also limited our accessibility.
Requests for photos are accepted however they are not answered until staff is available, both to photograph and later answer.
Books are subject to prior sale. Please call or e-mail to hold book(s).
If shipping preference is not indicated, we will send the books: Media rate with signature confirmation for all USA delivery; priority for international orders. All international orders require a destination phone number; please provide.
**Customer assumes risk of loss or damage if registered or insured option is not requested.
About the Seller
About Vera Enterprises LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]