Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This book is the author's own copy of her novel that was later made into a film directed by Michael Cruz in 1925. It has an inscription by her to the ffep, which includes her address, agent's details and a later gift inscription from her. This is an exceptionally rare find, which would be the crowning glory of any modern rare book collection.
The book is in Near Fine condition, bound in original cloth boards with black title to front and spine. The book is in smart condition, with just some fading to the spine, rubbing to the edges and some slight spotting to the covers. Internally the book is in clean condition, apart from some minor toning due to age and occasional staining to foot. There is the occasional annotation from the author throughout the book, but this serves only to add to the books rarity.
The dust jacket, illustrated by the author herself, is also in Near Fine condition, priced at 7/6. Other than some light creasing and 1 or 2 short, closed tears to head and foot, it is a very sharp example and in excellent condition.
In all, this unique book would make the perfect addition to any collection, setting it aside from all others, or would be the ideal gift for any rare book lover.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Everlasting Editions (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Red Heels
- Margery Lawrence
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- 12th Thousand
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Margery, lawrence, red, heels, shoes, romance, dancer, french, signed, author, own, copy, thousand, rare, first, edition, book, madame, hole, fantasy, adventure, bohemian, glass, silken, sarah, crooked, smile, nights, round, table, film, austria
- Bookseller catalogs
- Signed; Modern First Editions;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Everlasting Editions
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]